I’ve got a long list of excuses and a short list of completed milestones. However, visp is still moving forward (believe it or not). Here’s what I’ve done since the first preview post:
- Revised functionality (by taking a lot of the more complicated and not-100%-solid features out)
- Revised interface size so that it’ll work with 1024×768 screens (since that’s likely to be the minimum resolution for most laptop VJs)
- Created a consistent API for creating media modules, filter modules, and transition modules
- Set up the proper destination site and domain along with the Subversion respository
- Combed through source code to keep formatting and variable naming consistent
- Fixed some bugs
- Updated codebase to use the latest public release of Apollo (beta 1) and Flex Builder 3 (beta 1)
- Rewrote the MIDI proxy to be usable with all MIDI devices and not dependent on Processing (to reduce memory and processing overhead).
- Rewrote the input interface so that media can be controlled via on-screen UI elements (sliders and buttons)
I’ve still got some more items to go. I want to make sure folks have proper documentation and tutorials for creating their own media, filters, and transitions. I also want to make sure that simply getting the projects set up in Flex Builder 3 is very straight forward (i.e. step-by-step instructions). There will be a 1.0 release in mid-September; I have an Adobe Edge Newsletter article being published on visp, so it has to be done.
Thanks for your continued patience, everyone.